A year-round tent designed to withstand the weather in any season or climate.
- Tent fabric is UV and mildew resistant to survive the elements of any season
- Mesh panels provide lots of ventilation and allow for greater airflow
- Internally, there are four huge pockets for storing gear and equipment
- Includes a high-density foam mattress for enhanced comfort
- Four spacious interior compartments for storing gear and camping essentials
Thule Tepui is a well-known manufacturer of rooftop tents for automobiles, trucks, and SUVs. Tepui was formed in Santa Cruz, California in 2010 after the founders witnessed a variety of rooftop camping choices while trekking in Venezuela and decided to make it available to a wider audience in the United States. After being purchased by Thule, a Swedish roof rack maker, Tepui tents are now available.
Thule Tepui primarily sells three types of soft-shelled rooftop tents: Explorer, Ruggedized, and Baja. They also have the low-profile Low-Pro tents and the Tepui Hybox, a hard-shell version. In February 2021, the revolutionary new Tepui Foothill, which has a smaller roof rack footprint, will be available for purchase.
Tents range in price from $950 to $3,000, with a two-year warranty. Depending on the tent, they can accommodate two to four people. They’re made to operate with Thule roof racks, but they’re also compatible with many other roof racks with enough weight capability.
- – Up to three people can be accommodated
- – Tent fabric is both UV and mould resistant to withstand the elements of every season
- – Constructed from coated 600 denier and a 260g poly-cotton mix to withstand the elements of any season
- – Four spacious inside compartments for storing gear and camping essentials
- – Includes a high-density foam mattress for enhanced comfort
- – Mesh panels provide plenty of ventilation and open for more airflowTechnical requirements:
- – Capacity for 3 people to sleep
- – Open Dimensions: 96 x 56 x 52 in
- – Closed Dimensions: 48 x 56 x 12 in
- – Sleeping footprint (inches): 96 x 56
- – Internal peak height: 52 in
- – Minimum bar spread: 33.5 in
- – Weight: 131 lb
- – Static weight capacity: 600 lb
- – Aluminum with insulated fibreglass sheet as a base
- – Seasons: All
- – Mosquito screens: Yes
- – Internal frame: 5/8″ (16mm) wrapped aluminium
- – Canopy fabric: 260g Polyester Cotton; 600D ripstop fabric with water resistant ventilating coating; UV and mould resistance